West Gippsland Libraries have decided to cancel or postpone upcoming Library programs, events and outreach services until further notice. This is after careful consideration to the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) health concerns.
We apologise for any inconvenience and hope to resume normal programming soon.
Our library branches and mobile libraries will continue to operate for now, and at this stage the use of meeting rooms and event spaces by external groups is not affected.
There are no reported cases of COVID–19 amongst library staff, but we recognise that preventative action in the current circumstances is the best course of action.
Measures we are taking include:
- All staff returning from international travel are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Any staff that have had contact with a known positive case of COVID-19 or a person who is under quarantine awaiting confirmation of testing or under self-quarantine in the last 14 days
- Any staff that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 are required to take leave.
- Any staff that are feeling unwell are required to take leave.
We would like to remind you that the best action you can take is to stay informed, practice good hygiene and use common sense.
The situation is changing rapidly. Stay up to date with the latest information about the spread of COVID-19 and the steps being taken to slow the spread.
How to protect yourself and others
Everyone must practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading. We strongly encourage everyone to wash their hands before and after visiting our libraries. We also have hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities in all our branches.
If you are unwell with any cold or virus symptoms, we recommend you stay home. Borrowers who feel unwell should keep their items until they feel better. Remember we don’t charge overdue fines and you can renew items online if you can.
You can get access to our digital library online, anytime or download our app.
Download App on Apple
Download App on Android
We are currently working on enhancing these e-resources and adding to the online service.
Please do not visit our libraries if you:
- Have returned from international travel in the last 14 days.
- Have had any contact with a known positive case of COVID-19 or a person who is under quarantine awaiting confirmation of testing or under self-quarantine in the last 14 days
- You have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19
- You are feeling unwell
For more information about COVID-19 and how to best manage your risk, please visit: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19