The Warragul Justices of the Peace have moved to the Warragul library.
“We are very excited to provide the community with convenient access to Justices of the Peace at the Warragul Library,” says Linda Fowler Deputy CEO, West Gippsland Libraries. “The JP volunteers play an important role in our community and we are happy to support them to continue to provide this valuable service at the Warragul Library.
The JP’s are available Monday to Friday 10:00am-2:00pm and provide a free service to all members of the community and act as an independent witness to documents that are used for official or legal purposes. Their services primarily include:
- attesting to the execution of a document
- witnessing a statutory declaration
- witnessing an affidavit for use in court
- certifying true copies of an original documentary
- certifying a person’s identity