People’s Choice Competition
You must be a member of West Gippsland Libraries to vote.
Nominate up to five of your favourite entries from the ‘Holding up the Shelves’ art exhibition at Mirboo North Library.
The artist behind the art voted most favourite will win a $20 voucher to spend at The Wren’s Nest*
Entries close Sunday 11th July at 5pm!
†Terms and conditions
- Instructions, prizes and information on how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering, entrants accept these conditions of entry.
- This competition is being run by West Gippsland Library (the ‘Promoter’) (ABN 90 793 610 846) of 165 Victoria Street, Warragul VIC 3820. Telephone (03) 5622 2849..
- The competition commences on Wednesday June 30, 2021 at 2pm AEDT and closes on Sunday July 7, 2021 at 11.59pm AEST (‘Promotional Period’).
- Entries are open to all residents of Australia, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and prize distributers.
- To vote, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period: (a) provide their West Gippsland Libraries membership id, (b) nominate up to five of their favourite artworks. Competition closes Sunday July 11, 2021 at 11.59pm AEST.
- This is a game of ‘skill’ (answering effectively to the question of ‘tell us about a mum who is special to you’) and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- All voters may only enter once.
- The artist that receives the most amount of votes will be awarded the prize.
- The winner will receive $20 voucher from The Wren’s Nest subject to any retail terms and conditions. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter reserves the right to change the prize to one of the same or equal value at any time if the prize becomes unavailable.
- The winner will be announced in the Mirboo Times and the Mirboo North Primary School newsletter after they have been notified. If the winner cannot or does not take the prize as stipulated or if it is unclaimed within a reasonable time frame after being contacted by the promoter, the entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best valid entry (as determined by the voters).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, the Winner licenses the Promoter to use their entry in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes. The Winner warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968(Cth).
- The Winner consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading of any materials in this promotion.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The prize may be gifted to another person by the chosen winner.