West Gippsland Libraries is a Regional Library Corporation based in Gippsland. We are a 13 branch strong, 85 plus employee community that encompasses learning, community connection and a very healthy dose of innovation! We are looking for our newest team member to manage the Warragul branch and be a support to our Library Services Manager to help the productivity of branches in the Baw Baw region.
As the Branch Manager and support to our Library Services Manager, you will be responsible for providing quality and dynamic services supported by a team of outstanding professionals. You will be accountable for high standards of professionalism, customer service, integrity and upholding our child safety commitment. You will lead by example and have a proactive communication style. Professional experience in Networking, Collaboration, Stakeholder Engagement and Change Management are desirable for the successful candidate.
This role sees you on-site at our Warragul branch five days a week and working every second Saturday. You will also be required to commit to learning and development in the area of Library Services.
This role is a full-time position of 35 hours per week which includes every second Saturday and salary will be commensurate with experience, remuneration will be between $68k and $91k annually and dependant on experience.
You will oversee the ongoing operations of the branch including:
- Monitoring functions and processes
- Resolving conflict and manage problem-solving procedures
- Manage the public/patron, individual, and team
- Evaluate information and data needed to make effective decisions under the supervision of your area manager.
- Evaluate and assess team decisions to assure consistency and quality
- Poses excellent prioritisation skills to deliver the services in a busy branch whilst contributing to innovative projects.
- Prepare regular reports supportive of library operations and strategy requirements.
We are looking for a leader who has:
- Excellent communication skills necessary to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and customers; able to communicate well with people of all ages, demographics, ethnic backgrounds and ability levels.
- Ability to provide efficient, courteous public service and present a positive image of the library in attitude, appearance, and performance of duties.
- Ability to function under flexible and changing conditions.
- A great approach to life and an engaging leadership style.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
- Qualifications (or equivalent experience) in a business-related discipline.
If this is the role for you then please contact the EA to our CEO, Carol on 5622 2849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the position description. If you wish to proceed, we welcome your application. Good luck!