IT Trainee – What an opportunity!
West Gippsland Libraries is a Regional Corporation based in Gippsland with our HQ located in Warragul. We are a 13 branch strong, 85 plus employee community that encompasses learning, community connection and a very healthy dose of innovation! To the right person, we will welcome you into our progressive culture.
On offer with us at this time is a Traineeship in Information Technology and looks a little something like this:
- As this is a trainee position no formal qualifications are required but a Cert III in IT would be advantageous.
- We are however looking for people with a demonstrated passion for all things IT, and a firm commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and we will need them to prove that to us in the interview.
- It is preferred if the successful applicant has a track record managing client demands in a corporate environment however with a traineeship, we know that may not be possible.
- The successful applicant must work well in a team environment but also work well independently. The applicant requires good verbal and written communication skills. They are also required to hold a current Victorian Driver’s License and be prepared to undergo a full police check and working with children check.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re a complete self-starter. You identify a problem and provide solutions.
- You believe IT is all about the client and then about the client again.
- You are driven to provide exceptional customer service.
- You’re known as a team player and a person who encourages others to do their best.
- There will be times when you’ll need to travel on-site for branch deployments/ site assignments.
- You’ll have a general allergy for internal politics. We are one team, one dream. Besides it makes for a happier, more productive work environment for everyone.
- You’ll care about your career. You want to grow and you want to expand your skillset, knowledge and employment options.
- You’ll have a passion for technology and are naturally curious to explore the full breadth of its capabilities.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a business that has stood the test of time, evolved and pivoted quickly to remain relevant and what our communities need, training and equipment will be provided.
This role is an immediate start (or negotiated for the end of study if applicable) and is a Full-Time position. For a copy of the Position Description please contact Marney via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email your covering letter and resume to: email@example.com.
For any other enquiries please email our IT Manager Don at firstname.lastname@example.org