Leongatha, Korumburra and Foster
West Gippsland Libraries is a Regional Library Corporation based in Gippsland. We are a 12 branch strong, 85 plus employee community that encompasses learning, community connection and a very healthy dose of innovation! We are looking for our newest team member to manage 3 branches and continue the excellence they have become known for while building a larger footprint in the Gippsland area.
As this Branch Manager you will be responsible for providing quality and dynamic services supported by a team of outstanding professionals. You will be accountable for high standards of professionalism, customer service, integrity and upholding our child safety commitment. You will lead by example and have a proactive communication style. You will need to be across the 3 branches managing their operations, functionality and productivity.
Professional experience in B2B Networking, Stakeholder Engagement and Change Management are desirable for the successful candidate.
This role sees you on site at Leongatha for two days and Korumburra for three days with Korumburra as your base. You will also be required to work at Foster Library from time to time.
A vehicle will be located at your base branch for use for travel between branches.
This role is a full time position of 35 hours per week and advertised at a Band 5A, it will also attract a commitment to work every 2nd Saturday at Korumburra.
- You will oversee the ongoing operations of the branches including:
- Monitoring functions and processes
- Resolving conflict and manage problem-solving procedures
- Manage the public/patron, individual, and team
- Evaluate information and data needed to make effective decisions under the supervision of your area manager.
- Evaluate and assess team decisions to assure consistency and quality
- Poses excellent prioritisation skills to deliver the services in a busy branch whilst contributing to innovative projects.
- Prepare regular reports supportive of library operations and strategy requirements.
We are looking for a leader who has:
- Knowledge of professional library principles, methods and practices including current knowledge of trends in libraries.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and customers; able to communicate well with people of all ages, demographics, ethnic backgrounds and ability levels.
- Ability to provide efficient, courteous public service and present a positive image of the library in attitude, appearance, and performance of duties.
- Ability to function under flexible and changing conditions.
Please send applications to: